Friday, January 24, 2014

Home Office Love

One of my favorite things is seeing how people live and work. I am obsessed with all things HGTV and my daughter and I take tours all the time of model homes in the area to get new ideas and see what the new trends are. And I especially love seeing people's home offices. So I thought I would feature a new one every week.

This first one I found, courtesy of ourgatorzone.blogspot.com is a brilliant use of space and gorgeous finishes. I'm not one who prefers being tucked away, but I also don't really need that at this point in my professional life. But if you need privacy or quiet for conference calls, this might be perfect for you.


There's nothing I don't love about this space, except for maybe the lack of a window, but it's hard to tell from the picture if there is one or not. I love the french doors leading in, the stunning white built-ins and crown molding, the dark-finish diagonal wood floors, and all that work surface! I also love the hanging light fixture, but love the addition of a desk lamp for tasks that require more direct light. The message board under the cabinet is a nice touch, too. It definitely feels like a feminine office, but that could be changed easily with a different chair.

I probably love it too, because the owner seems to be as tidy and organized as I am. Perhaps she's a professional organizer, a blogger, or the volunteer director of a charitable organization. What do you think?

If you're interested in having your own home office featured in the future, please send me a photo of your office. I'd love to see where you work every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment